TeachThought University, LLC Data Protection
Measures we take to protect your data.
We take data protection seriously. This document outlines some of the measures we take to protect your data when you use TeachThought University, LLC.
When you close your account, it’s really gone.
We permanently delete all your account data when you close your TeachThought University, LLC account. We also delete your data from third-party services we use like PayPal (for processing payments) and Google Analytics (for site usage statistics).
Backups are destroyed after 30 days.
All our server logs and database backups are permanently deleted after 30 days. So when you delete your TeachThought University, LLC account, you know all your data is removed from our systems within 30 days.
We only send data to necessary services to fulfill requests you make directly or to offer you goods and services we own and create.
TeachThought University, LLC relies on some third-party services like Google Analytics and Adwords (for analyzing web traffic and tracking conversions), Digital Ocean (hosting), Amazon Web Services (for hosting our application and data). These third-party services help us run TeachThought University, LLC reliably, securely, and efficiently. We do not ever sell your data to unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes.
We ask before we look.
We don’t view customer dashboards or connected accounts unless there is an explicit need or they grant explicit permission to do so as part of a support ticket.
We take security seriously.
All communications between TeachThought University, LLC and your browser are encrypted, our production database is encrypted-at-rest, and we encrypt our backend services as much as is practical. We host in a secure environment and retain geo-redundant backups for 31 days.
We’ve made changes for GDPR.
We’ve made changes to help TeachThought University, LLC customers comply with the GDPR and we’ve improved our own internal data protection and security.
For TeachThought University, LLC customers:
- How long we store information: We store this personally identifiable information for as long as your TeachThought University, LLC account is open.
- Right to update your information: You may visit your Account page in your TeachThought University, LLC dashboard to update your information at any time.
- Right to be forgotten: You may close your TeachThought University, LLC customer account at any time. When a customer account is deleted from TeachThought University, LLC, all personally identifiable information in the customer account – including that of any members – is completely erased from our systems (including backups) within 31 days.
- Security: Our application and production database runs in a hardened and physically secured data centers located in the United States. Our production database is encrypted at rest. We will inform you of any significant security breach affecting you within 72 hours of our becoming aware of that breach.
For our users:
- How long we store information: We store this personally identifiable information for as long as your customer account and your member’s account is open.
- Right to update your information: Your members may visit their account to update their information at any time.
- Right to be forgotten: When you delete a member account all personally identifiable information in that member account is completely erased from our systems (including backups) within 30 days.
- Third-party integrations: TeachThought University, LLC also integrates with some third-party software services like Stripe, Mailchimp, Facebook, and related platforms to serve you, advertise to you, communicate with you, or otherwise function as an online and cloud-based learning management system. We attempt to delete the member from third-party services when they are deleted from TeachThought University, LLC. However, we cannot guarantee data deletion from third-party services we don’t control. Thought we make every effort to advocate for your data privacy, you understand it is your responsibility to ensure this data is deleted from these third-party services in a GDPR compliant way.